BeTVout Previous versions.
You can find almost every old version here, exept the current one which is listed on the main BeTVOut page.
Older BeTVout app and driver versions:
BeTVOut application V0.118 - 8 april 2002
- Conexant support is finally tuned: All modes are stable and centered now;
- CH7008 update: chiptype is identified now;
- If RIVA is found to be secondary card, a coldstart and modeswitch are tried to fixed 800x600x16bit resolution (not usable yet!);
- experimental IIC FIELD signal checking routine for BT/CX chips included.
BeTVOut application V0.117 - 25 januari 2002
- Conexant CX25870 and CX25871 TVout-chip support included;
- If BT/CX detection fails during the process, CH detection is tried before exiting.
BeTVOut application V0.11.5 - 11 december 2001
- Program restructured for use of new PCI riva_iic drivers (> V0.20);
- Modes 9,10,11 and 12 report correct refreshrates via BScreen API and Be 'screens prefs' app, all other modes report 60Hz for now;
- Autodetection of RIVA card type;
- App/driver interlock mechanism improved to prevent incompatible combinations from being used;
- Partial dualVGA card (test) support included: see README file included in download.
BeTVOut application V0.11.4 - 21 november 2001
- Chrontel DVD modes display position better tuned for use with TNT1 and GeForce2;
- NTSC VCD mode for BT on TNT1 updated for stable output.
BeTVOut application V0.11.3 - 9 november 2001
- Added Brooktree NTSC640x480 mode with overscan (NTSC VCD/MPEG1) (for non-VESA use only). Works also in dualhead 'clone' mode. This completes all planned modes for BeTVOut!
BeTVOut application V0.11.2 - 7 november 2001
- Added Chrontel and Brooktree PAL768x576 mode with overscan (PAL VCD/MPEG1) (for non-VESA use only). Works also in dualhead 'clone' mode.
- Added Chrontel NTSC640x480 mode with overscan (NTSC VCD/MPEG1) (for non-VESA use only). Works also in dualhead 'clone' mode. The BT version of this mode will follow shortly...
BeTVOut application V0.11.1 - 25 october 2001
- Added Brooktree NTSC720x480 mode with overscan (DVD region 1) (for non-VESA use only). Works also in dualhead 'clone' mode.
BeTVOut application V0.11.0 - 18 october 2001
- Added Chrontel NTSC720x480 mode with overscan (DVD region 1) (for non-VESA use only). Works also in dualhead 'clone' mode.
BeTVOut application V0.10.9 - 13 october 2001
- Added Chrontel PAL720x576 mode with overscan (DVD region 2) (for non-VESA use only). Works also in dualhead 'clone' mode (50Hz on VGA!).
BeTVOut application V0.10.8 - 10 october 2001
- Included TNT2-M64 timing option to loose the missing pixels at the left side of the TV screen.
BeTVOut application V0.10.7 - 4 october 2001
- Added PAL720x576 with overscan (DVD region 2) mode, BT only for now (for non-VESA use only). Works also in dualhead 'clone' mode (50Hz on VGA!);
- Added autodetection for VESA/non-VESA (so real videodriver) mode;
- Added user-option for enable/disable flickerfilter;
- Uses Be Screen API now for a number of actions in non-VESA mode (VESA mode has kept all options already there.);
- App behaviour has changed: It keeps running as long as TVout is active.
BeTVOut application V0.10.6 - 21 september 2001
- Just a minor text update to include the '60Hz' text with VGA picture output.
BeTVOut application V0.10.5 - 14 september 2001
- Added chip specific timing (horizontal position) for Chrontel chips;
- Added Chrontel chip blackout/shutdown for VGA-only mode;
- VGA-only mode (switchback function) implemented;
- Now also tested on GeForce2MX with CH7007 and BT868 TVout chip.
BeTVOut application V0.10.2 - 6 september 2001
- Chrontel support included for all videomodes (written by Michael Pfeiffer);
- Restructured BeTVOut for easier GUI and Chrontel interface.
BeTVOut application V0.09 - 19 august 2001
- PAL 640x480 and 800x600 support included (any colordepth);
- NTSC 640x480 and 800x600 support included (any colordepth);
- Autodetection for TV connection (cable/card specific) included;
- 'current videomode compatible' checks included;
- Singlehead (TVout while VGA is switched off) and dualhead 'clone' (hack) mode included;
- Now works also if you boot on TV (disconnect VGA for this) with VESA 'driver'
(so you could turn on dualhead clone mode then);
- Tested with 'unified nvidia videodriver', standard Be 'riva-tnt' videodriver and VESA 'videodriver';
- Tested on TNT1 and TNT2 cards with BT868/BT869 TVout chip;
- supports 2D acceleration (and 3D acceleration probably) if supported on VGA by videodriver.
riva_iic PCI driver V0.22 - 13 december 2001
- Now also works on GeForce cards (removed accidentally powering down TVout chips!);
- Slowed IIC bus down a little to be 'on the safe side'...;
- There should be no reason anymore to use the latest ISA driver. If someone still has problems with this PCI driver please let me know!
riva_iic driver V0.21 - 11 december 2001
- app interface changed: now a struct is used for better control;
- added rivaVgaSync function for Vertical Retrace Syncing of outbound framebuffer fills;
- added rivaGetMode function (partially: not yet complete) for secondary card use;
- app/driver interlock mechanism improved to prevent incompatible combinations from being used;
- hopefully fixed CH7007 on GeForce2 (and maybe others) not detected (ehh: no, didn't...). Error was introduced in V0.20; fixed in V0.22;
- now supports all Nvidia cards the ISA driver does (Oh no, not yet: you would need V0.22 ;-).
riva_iic driver V0.20 (PCI) - 2 december 2001
- initial PCI version release;
- supports access on secondary VGA cards also;
- drop-in replacement for the ISA V0.13 driver;
- other functionality is the same as with the V0.13 driver.
riva_iic driver V0.13 (ISA: last version.) - 7 november 2001
- critical section protection included;
- VGA-switchback speed improved.
riva_iic driver V0.12 - 10 october 2001
- Included tuned TNT2-M64 support.
- Solved 'cursor trash on TNT1' issue.
riva_iic driver V0.10 - 21 september 2001
- First (VESA) 'VGA only' modeswitch works fully OK now (always sets refresh rate to 60Hz).
riva_iic driver V0.09 - 14 september 2001
- 'VGA only' modeswitch works now exept for refresh rate if in non-VESA mode (not always 60Hz);
- second 'VGA only' modeswitch implemented for use in non VESA modes initialized via Be API;
- all 'modeswitch RIVA locks' are removed so 'on the fly setting' of VGA modes is always possible now.
riva_iic driver V0.07 - 19 august 2001
- RIVA chip settings are now done via a 'universal' timing formula for all modes;
- iocontrol functions setup correctly: no more random exeptions (system crashes) should occur now.
- included VGA-off and VGA-on switches;
- partial 'VGA only' modeswitch inluded (not functional yet);
- active videomode check for TVout compatible modes included.
- Back to BeTVOut main page.
(Page last updated on April 27, 2002)